Lyme disease panel 52 €
Borreliosis is the most common disease transmitted by ticks in Europe and Estonia. The infection may cause different types of skin, heart, joint and nervous system damage.
The panel enables to determine the presence or absence of antibodies indicating Lyme disease (Borreliosis).
Lyme disease antibodies in the blood can be detected 4 – 6 weeks after infection.
In order to correctly interpret the results of the tests, four additional questions should be answered:
- Have you been bitten by a tick recently?
- Have you had any complaints after the tick bite?
- Have you been diagnosed with Lyme disease before?
- Have you used antibiotics turning 6 months?
The panel includes screening for the anti-Borrelia (Borrelia burgdorferi) IgM and IgG antibodies, confirming positive primary findings with more specific tests. If the antibodies are discovered, a written comment from the laboratory physician will be provided.
- Borrelia burgdorferi IgG
- Borrelia burgdorferi IgM
- Borrelia burgdorferi IgG (confirming test)
- Borrelia burgdorferi IgM (confirming test)