Lactose and gluten intolerance (celiac disease) panel 72 €
Recommended for people with chronic abdominal complaint, such as diarrhoea, upset stomach, and weight loss and/or discomfort, gas, diarrhoea or pain after the consumption of milk products.
In the case of lactose intolerance, the panel enables to determine whether it is a genetically inherited disorder or it is a symptom of some other gastrointestinal disease, such as coeliac disease, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease.
Giving the sample:
- before giving the sample it is required to perform a fast of at least 12 hours without consuming any liquids;
- ensure about 1 hour for testing;
- during the whole procedure your venous blood will be drawn 3 times;
- to carry out the test, a lactose solution will be administered, which may cause complaints in people sensitive to lactose;
before giving the sample for gluten intolerance you should consume the food containing gluten every day for 6 weeks.
The panel includes 4 blood tests:
- Tissue transglutaminase IgA (tTG IgA) (Koe transglutaminaas IgA (tTG IgA QN))
- Immunoglobulin A (IgA) (Immuunoglobuliin A (Ig A))
- Lactose tolerance test, complex analysis (Laktoositaluvuse proov, kompleksanalüüs)
- Primary or adult-type hypolactasia – LCT gene c.-13910C>T variant (Hüpolaktaasia täiskasvanutel – LCT geeni c.-13910C>T variant)