How to take a throat swab
- Use the sterile cotton swab to extract the sample material.
- Do the procedure in the morning, before brushing your teeth and eating breakfast.
- Using the cotton swab, rub the tonsils, back of the throat and palatoglossal arch area.
- When taking the sample, avoid contact between the swab and the mucous membrane of the mouth (surface of the inside of the mouth).
- Place the cotton swab back into the plastic tube, put the tube in the plastic bag and place the bag in the transport box.
- Close the safety envelope carefully.