1. How to order laboratory tests/panels?
There are two ways to order:
- At SYNLAB sample collection point on site;
- From the SYNLAB Patient Portal at minu.synlab.ee.
In order to place an order on site and to provide a blood sample, you need to present an identification document. If you want to give a (blood) sample immediately after ordering the tests, it is advisable to come to the SYNLAB sample collection point in the morning, without eating or drinking for 10-14 hours, as some tests strictly require fasting (e.g., glucose or blood sugar test).
2. How can I identify myself?
In order to place an order for products or services on the SYNLAB Patient Portal, you need to create an account using personal identification (except for anonymous STDs). The following options are available for personal identification:
- ID card
- Bank links
- Anonymous user for STD testing
- Veriff (for foreign nationals)
3. What is Veriff?
Veriff is an identity verification service used on the SYNLAB Patient Portal. It is designed especially for foreign nationals who cannot identify themselves with an ID card, Mobile-ID, Smart-ID or bank links.
A one-time service fee of €3 applies for Veriff’s initial identity verification. Re-verification is free of charge.
4. How does Veriff work?
When using identity verification with Veriff, you need a computer or smartphone with an internet connection and a webcam. Depending on your device, we recommend using the following web browsers:
- Desktop version: Chrome or Firefox
- Mac version: Chrome or Safari
- Mobile version: Safari for iOS, Chrome for Android
In addition, a valid and undamaged identity document is required, which includes a passport, ID card, driver’s licence or residence permit; a personal telephone number (a non-Estonian phone number is also acceptable) and an e-mail address.
- If you have not previously used Veriff for identity verification on the SYNLAB Patient Portal, select “Register” (fee €3).
- You will then be prompted to scan the QR code that appears on the screen of your smartphone’s camera or enter your mobile phone number.
- You will receive a link with further guidelines on how to take personally identifiable pictures of your document and yourself.
- You will then be redirected to the SYNLAB Patient Portal, where you can continue to complete your profile.
If necessary, we can also identify your person with Veriff on site at Veerenni 53a or Töökoja 1 in Tallinn.
5. Is there a fee for identity verification with Veriff?
A one-time service fee of €3 applies for Veriff’s initial verification. Re-verification is free of charge.
6. How is initial verification different from re-verification?
For initial verification, we use the Veriff service, which will create a user account. You no longer need to use Veriff for re-verification, as an account has already been created for you. You can simply log in with your e-mail, password and verification SMS, which you will receive on your phone at the time of logging in.
7. Where can I find additional information about tests?
- You can find more information on single tests here.
- More information on panels is available here.
You can also find more information by contacting our customer service by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 17123.
8. Where can I find the price list of laboratory services (incl. tests, panels)?
The prices of panels and more popular single tests and consultations can be found on our Patient Portal, where prices are displayed for each test and panel. Please note that for single tests, the blood sampling fee is automatically added to the shopping cart. The panels also include a blood sampling fee. When ordering a single test in addition to the panel, the second blood sampling fee will not be added.
You can also find the SYNLAB laboratory services price list for private customers along with the times of tests results here.
In addition, the price list is available at the SYNLAB sample collection points on site. If you do not find the desired test in the lab list, please contact SYNLAB customer service by e-mail at email@example.com.
9. Is a referral letter required for ordering tests or consulting a lab doctor/allergologist?
You do NOT need a referral letter to order tests and consult a lab doctor/allergologist. Without a referral letter only paid service is available. The tests determined during the consultation are also subject to a fee.
Prior registration is required for a lab doctor/allergologist consultation, which you can do either on the Patient Portal or on site at the sample collection point.
10. How soon do I have to come to the laboratory to give a sample after placing an order and paying for it on the Patient Portal?
The order is active for 30 days, which means that we ask you to give the sample no later than one month after paying for the order on the Patient Portal or on site at the sample collection point.
11. How long does it take to perform tests?
Depending on the test, the arrival time of the results varies from 1 working day to 20 working days. Most test results arrive within 3 working days.The arrival times of the results are indicated in the price list and on the Patient Portal, next to the description of each single test and panel.
12. Can tests be ordered for animals?
Yes, animal samples can also be analysed in SYNLAB laboratories. However, the laboratory does not take samples from animals or advise on the results obtained. The range of tests performed on animals is limited. Before bringing animal samples to the laboratory, we advise you to contact SYNLAB customer service for more detailed information, either by phoning 17123 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Can I order laboratory tests for a child or other person?
You can only order the Health Risk Panel for a Child on the Patient Portal. For this you need to provide the child’s personal identification code.
Single tests, panels and lab doctor/allergologist consultation CANNOT be ordered for other people (except the Health Risk Panel for a Child). However, you can purchase a gift card for another person from SYNLAB sample collection points all over Estonia or from the Patient Portal. You can read more on the available options here.
14. How can I test for STDs?
Tests for sexually transmitted diseases can be ordered from SYNLAB sample collection points all over Estonia or by ordering a sample collection kit from the Testikodus.ee (Test at Home) portal. Sample materials sent via Testikodus.ee portal are analysed by the SYNLAB medical laboratory.
In addition to paid tests, SYNLAB Eesti laboratory, in cooperation with the National Institute for Health Development, offers anonymous HIV, hepatitis C and B counselling and testing free of charge. You can find more information here. Tests can be performed for persons who are at least 16 years old.